Sufficient documentation must be submitted to show that your monthly housing expense is sustainable (see FAQ #13 for definition of a sustainable monthly payment).
Below is a list of various forms of income and examples of standard documentation that may be used:
- Wages: Recent paystub reflecting employer name, gross earnings, and year to date earnings
- Self Employed Income: Recent federal income tax return and as applicable, the business tax return, and profit/loss statement
- Benefit or Pension Income: Award statement showing amount and frequency, or recent bank statement showing deposits
- Rental Income: Recent federal income tax return and as applicable, the business tax return, current lease agreement, and recent bank statement showing deposits
- Investment Income: Recent investment statements and recent bank statement showing deposits
- Alimony or Child Support: Copy of divorce decree or court order and recent bank statement showing deposits or Friend of the Court (FOC) pay history.
- Supplemental Assistance: Supplemental assistance program award statement, such as food or cash assistance, showing amount and frequency. Food assistance may be considered only if you are also receiving other income.